Donating the Smart Way
The Holidays is a particularly active season for charities competing to appeal to your generous side. It’s great to support a worthy cause, but it won’t hurt to double check if the charity is legitimate and if your donation really gets to the intended beneficiary. Here are some other things to check for when donating to charity.
- Chose a charity according to your values and what you think is important.
- There are many ways to donate, like giving your time aside from your money, or setting up automatic salary deductions if your employer coordinates donations. You can also include a provision in your will.
- Check if it’s a legitimate charity, especially if you’re giving your credit card details.
- Check if it’s tax deductible.
- Complain if you observe irregularities.
Visit this page from Money Smart to know more about donating.