10 Tips for Saving Money While On A Date
Saving money and dating are like oil and water – they just don’t go together! If you’re planning to date a girl, you might as well expect to shell out some money over the next few months if the dating gets steady. While the growing relationship feels like it’s well worth it, here 10 smart tips to remember so you don’t go overboard with the spending.
- Skip the dinner and movie ritual. Get creative with free entertainment such as a museum trip or cultural shows which does not cost as much.
- Pack a picnic to an outdoor park instead of strolling the mall.
- Rent a movie and cook together at home for a much cheaper alternative to eating out.
- Walk around a nice neighborhood or a nature trail.
- Be sensitive of the other person’s budget, whether you’re the guy or the girl.
- Exercise together. Jogging, biking, or swimming are great options.
- If you’re using online dating services, opt for the free ones instead of paid subscriptions.
- Watch for financial red flags. Does your date have a significant credit card debt? Does she buys things on impulse to often?
- Moving in together is a big decision. Take it slow.
- Talk about money and budgeting to understand your date’s financial habits.
To know more about these tips, click here.